Position: Java Developer
Greenridge runs a leading-edge consulting and software development shop. We’ve developed highly successful projects based on Java, Websphere, Microsoft, Oracle, and Opensource technology, from e-groceries, to hardware stores to employee portals. We’ve also developed data warehouses and custom software for more traditional environments using legacy, Java, JSP, ASP, VB.NET, PL/SQL, and C/C++, to name a few.
As a senior developer you are an experienced developer and have several years experience in Java programming, relational databases, JSF, HTML, ASP and other web scripting languages. You know at least one software development methodology. You know SQL and at least one other database. You have worked with internal business experts, customers and outsourced service providers to translate a business issue into specifications and design models. You thrive in a changing environment and use your anlaytical skills to make solid technology decisions.
These positions require energy, focus, a problem-solving approach to work, and a strong desire to contribute to a bright and highly-motivated team.
- 1-5 years experience in Java programming, object orientated development and relational databases
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent from a recognized Canadian Post-Secondary Institution is an asset
- Java Certifications (preferably Sun certifications) would be considered an asset
Senior Positions also require:
- Java design and development from the presentation layer (XHTML, JSPs, servlets, JavaBeans, Swing) to the middle tier (EJBs, JMS, JDBC, JNDI) for the full lifecycle
- J2EE patterns
- Familiar with at least one software development methodology (Iterative, agile, waterfall, scrum, extreme programming)
- Knowledge of XML
- Conducting Unit and Functional testing
- Conducting Code Reviews
- Creating working Prototypes
- Experience working with internal business experts, customers and outsourced service providers to transform business vision, issues and requirements into functional specifications and design models.
- Experience in providing mentorship in new technologies and techniques for staff at all levels of the organization.
- Experience interviewing Java resources and recommend candidates.
- Self-Disciplined to complete tasks and projects on time
- Ability to cope with constantly changing technical priorities and business requirements
- Possess excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Willingness to learn constantly, in both the technical and the business realm
- Ability to deal with end users and clients
- Good interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated attitude towards learning
- Some travel may be required with this position
If you are looking for a challenging, creative atmosphere, then Greenridge is the place for you! We offer the opportunity to interact with leading products and an innovative corporate culture designed to keep us on that cutting edge. We are also a flexible work environment, with enormous career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference. We're passionate about empowering our staff to reach their full potential-and it shows!
If you meet the above requirements, and are ready to step into a world of constant growth, continual change, and outstanding success, forward us your resume in MS-Word format today: email@example.com